Sunday 27 September 2015

25 weeks time

Olé

(I don't know what that means I just like the sound of it...)

Anyway I have gone into my final year of school, the dreaded year 11! We had this assembly the other week where they were telling us to buckle down and work hard. One of the things they said really stuck with me:
'You have 25 weeks until your first exam'
"25 WEEKS! That's not long, I cant be dealing with that yet, no let me be a kid again. I want to be five, HELP" is basically what went through my head. So lets talk...

In 25 weeks time I will be starting my exams which will determine my life chances. But before then I will of had a referral to cahms (a mental health service), I will have looked around, chose and applied to a college. I will of had my final Christmas in school. I will have had my final new year back in school. I will have turned 16: my final birthday in school. I will have spent over 200 hours revising (that's the plan anyway), I will have stressed myself to the extreme, cried an uncountable amount of times. I will have took selfies with all my friends, told them that we will stay in touch. I will have thanked my teachers for all the time and effort they put in to allow me to do the best thing possible. I will of said goodbye to people who have made my life extraordinary, to the people who have cared for me and to the ones who have kept me alive. I will have said goodbye to the place where I have spent the last 5 years of my life. Then that day will come when I will leave and my life will never be the same again.

A lot can change in 25 weeks time and these next 25 weeks will be the hardest in my life. I am going to take advantage of every single day because I don't want to look back and regret the choices I made as each and every single one of those days will be leading up to a life changing moment: results day. I want to do my parents proud. To make those teachers say "she did it". To show those people who didn't believe in me what I am capable of. But most of all to show myself that I can achieve anything that I want to achieve.

Bring it on.

Scarlett x

No comments:

Post a Comment