Wednesday 20 July 2016

Talking about my Mental Health / Don't diagnose yourself

Hey,

As you will know if you have read some of my past posts I really struggle with my mental health. I'm not sure when but sometime last month I got told I had depression. However ever since I got told it I just didn't think it was right. At first I thought that I just didn't want to believe it was true as it's hard to be told that you're depressed. I knew that there was something wrong with me in my emotions but I also knew it wasn't depression. I've looked up what I am feeling and I'm going to be visiting the doctor next week to see if what I think is true is true. I think I may be bipolar.

In no way am I saying I have bipolar disorder as I do not know that until I go to the doctors. I am making this post to say how important it is to be aware of how you feel.

This post is also to say how important it is that you do not diagnose yourself. If you think you have anxiety, depression or anything 'wrong' (you're perfect anyway) with you please talk to a professional. I did it through school as my school got in a therapist for me who diagnosed me. If you are afraid to talk to the doctor then write what you feel down and go someone you trust and see if they have any advice. You just have to be brave and put yourself first. Don't give a fuck what people think of you for once in your life and do something which will benefit YOU. This may be hard especially if, like me, you have anxiety. However you don't want it to get to the point where you cannot cope anymore and you will do anything to end it. Please get help before then. I don't want to see any of you be in the place I have been in where ambulances are phoned on me and I am threatened to be detained in hospital for my safety. As soon as you know something is up talk to someone, even if it turns up to be nothing it's better safe then sorry. Just like physical illnesses, mental illnesses can be treated better in the early stages.

If you need someone to talk to you can always talk to me. My Instagram DMs are always open for anyone to message: @scarlett_allthelittlethings

Love you,
Scarlett x

No comments:

Post a Comment