Tuesday 11 August 2015

Year 10 Advice - Tips - Back to school

Hey guys,

So as you may or may not know I have just finished year 10 which is the year you start studying for GCSEs. So after this year I will be in my final year of school- year 11- I will be saying goodbye to a place which has became my home in a way. I have decided to start this back to school series because damn I needed something like this last year and I quite like writing about it. But anyway lets talk about year 10.

Year 10 has been the most stressful year of my life so far. I don't know whether that is because of my mental heath but it is definitely some what how hard you have to work. So here are some tips and advice for any of you out there who may be going into Year 10.

1. Do all homework the day that it is given.

If you complete all your homework the day which it is given to you then you wont have to stress about it all week. Also then if you find it hard you can ask your teacher for some advice.

2. Ask for help

This is sort of leading on from the above but if you find something hard or confusing or you even just need clarification ask the teacher. If you are scared to ask in class stay behind and ask, your teacher isn't going to be annoyed they will probably be glad that you asked as it shows you have initiative and care about your learning.

3. Start studying early

If you are that kid who studies every single day from the start of year 10 then good on you because that is going to get you great results. You don't need to study that much though but I suggest that when you have mock exams you do 5 hours a day for say a month, for class assessments you do about 1-2 hours for a week and for final hours do as much as possible for as long before as possible. If you get mocked for studying so hard then do try to ignore people because you will be the one getting the results you want and having a good career in the future.

4. Do some work experience

In year 10 its not just about doing homework and studying you should start to figure out what you want to do after school. When you get an idea do some work experience in that field and see if you like it, if you don't try something else. Also this will look great when applying for post-16 options.

5. It's not as scary as you think

I remember when I was going into year 10, I was petrified of what was going to come. I only had one friend who had been through that year and she just messed about and truanted all the time so I didn't know what to expect. You will be in classes with people you have never met but that is a good thing as that means you will meet new people. I know it is serious but don't sit there silent all the time. Talk to the people on your table even if its only a hello, how are you, do you know how to do this, its a start. Let them get to know you.

6. Be prepared

Have the equipment that will be needed (I will be making a post on this soon, don't worry), know what lessons you have, know what times you need to be serious, be on time and most of all have fun- this is going to be your last full year at school, make the most out of it.

As for now that's all. I hope you all stay positive throughout whatever s*** you are going through and don't forget to smile.

Love Scarlett x

No comments:

Post a Comment